Tasks and DataSupport
The ZIPPYDOC Plattform per design handles tasks (tools) and data. Tasks are applied on data. Data are stored in table format to apply the rich set of table wrangling tools to those data. The currently supported data types are:
- List based tables. The standard table has one header row. In principle ZIPPYDOC allows to save data tables with up to three header rows and up to three label/title columns. To date, not all tasks support those more complex matrix style tables. Try e.g. encrypt or clean task for more complex data tables.
- Text and Code. If you import text or code, set the import settings to TEXT and the text or code will be converted in ZIPPYDOC Word-by-Word tables. Those tables split text or code in two columns, one containing a word, the next containing the trailing non-word. An additional optional column is showing where the word is placed in the syntax. By using this method all the powerful table wrangling tools can be applied on text or code data.
- JSON. If you import JSON, set import settings to JSON and the JSON code will be converted in JSON tables. This format is very powerful to wragle with JSON data type as it allows to apply all the powerful table wrangling tools on your JSON code.
The ZIPPYDOC Plattform is designed to run any task on the plattform. Please consult the service team via www. analysis.de if you want to get a training on how to write your own tasks for the ZIPPYDOC Plattform. The Plattform is especially suited to host tasks that connect to third party APIs. We always encourage our commuity to add their own tasks and data to the Plattform, either in private projects or shared with the community.
Data stored on the ZIPPYDOC Plattform has a unique data name. By using task-name (flow-name) as default standard name for outputting task results, we ensure that data is not accidentially overwritten, since also the flow-name is unique. Data can be tagged (see data details by toggling with a click on the data frame toolbar). By this, tagged data can easily be found, joined or unified.
Tasks can be automised by:
- setting a schedule for executing the task
- run the task on any table change of a selected table
ZIPPYDOC allows to share Tasks, Data and Flows with other parties or to share them with the pubic.